Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It's Like Taking Advice From A Baby  

But not in the taking candy from them way. I'm about to drop some knowledge, but just like my previous post, I really know nothing but a G thang about what I'm going to say.

But yet you keep coming back.

You know, I didn't even intend for this to happen, but what I'm going to say actually ties in with the introductory paragraph. This post just got a lot more complex.

When deciding between two restaurants in unfamiliar territory (think traveling, because I am now a pseudo-travel-expert), always choose the one that is celebrity endorsed.

What's that? You mean neither of your choices are celebrity endorsed? Please, do some research.

*Extended Sidenote* Speaking of celebrities, check this, fast forward to the 40 second mark, and listen for the, "please". That one word singlehandedly made the entire song for me, and blew up sassy scales everywhere. Go ahead and take a bow Rihanna. *End Sidenote That Wasn't As Extended As I Thought Would Be*

I make my statement after experiencing both celebrity endorsed and non-celebrity endorsed restaurants. When I say celebrity endorsed, what I really mean is that on there exists a picture on the wall depicting the celebrity posing half-heartedly with the eatery's owner. Any restaurant fulfilling such a requirement has proven, and may I be so bold to say this, will always prove to serve good food.

Don't believe me? Here's my scientific backup. It worked 3 out of 3 times for me on my past roadtrip. That's statistically significant methinks (actually, me only guesses). Publish me!

No? Well, let me tell you a story about the time we walked into a Chinese restaurant in downtown Washington that was not celebrity endorsed.

You mean there ARE celebrity endorsed Chinese restaurants?

Please.

*Sidenote Alert* Rihanna actually overemphasizes "please" again at the 1:47 mark! Amazing! What a show! Has me really going! *End Sidenote*

So we walk into this restaurant and we notice that the only people in the restaurant are the husband/wife duo who run the shop, Casper the ghost, and us. At this point, our minds aren't working because of our insane hunger coupled with a need to desperately evacuate our kidneys (you dig?).

When we finally came to our senses, we realized the whole place reeked, AND, we had to turn on the lights to the hallway housing the restrooms ourselves. The restroom itself was poorly designed, and the toilet was up on a platform. So much so that if you sat down, your feet would probably be dangling. On hindsight, we should've noticed the Casper the ghost factor and never walked in. But the damage was done, and the wife owner had already started pouring tea for us.

Have you heard of dine and dash?

Well, what happened next, I will call pee, tea, and flee.

We took one disapproving look at one another, and the message was clear. No words needed to be said. We chipped in 3 dollars (no easy feat because we're all cheap Asians), then in a coordinated fashion that would've made most military units proud, we up and left Iraq the restaurant. On of our braver souls blurted out, "Thanks for the tea and the washrooms, here's three bucks, sorry we can't eat here."

I was the first out the door. And first in the restaurant next door.

To wrap up, if a Chinese restaurant is endorsed by Michael Douglas & Catherine Zeta Jones (no joke!), you're probably safe. I implicitly and explicitly trust celebrities with the finer details in life. Just like you, my readers, trust me to to tell you about traveling.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 8:05 PM .