Monday, September 29, 2008

Am I Talking About My Blogging Habits?  

Like any cheap thrill, prolonged exposure to the same stimuli can lead to a decrease in sensitivity to the stimuli. To achieve get back to the level of thrill one is accustomed to, an increase in sensation, or moving on to bigger things, is necessary. No seriously, it's a biological theory of some sort. I remember daydreaming about flying cupcakes while a professor discussed an experimenting that showed this theory in action.

It's too bad I can't remember the actual term(s) because then I would've at least linked it to a wikipedia article. This definition will have to suffice.

Welcome back. If you have no idea what just happened, you've been Rick Rolled. Now, THAT I the wikipedia article for.

Back to my point.

My cheap (PUN) thrill is free stuff. In years past, I was satisfied with attending events for free stuff. You know, put in some time and get rewarded for that time. Especially events I was not directly affiliated with. A commerce information session? Cool beans. A fifth year student with full-time jobs already lined up attending third-year-student internship recruitment sessions? You know it. A help group for those coping with nightmares from that time they were mauled by a big bear in the dark forest?

Too far?

Pens, highlighters, notepads and squeezy-spongy-juggling-balls are now all considered "small fish". I've moved on to the Internets. Where putting in time really isn't an issue. And it's all really legal! No longer do I have to experience that guilty feeling I got in my gut that time I snuck out of the ping-pong-enthusiasts club I never intended to join right after they handed out free ping-pong balls (that never happened).

I like free stuff and now you can too. You're welcome.

(Maybe I'll blog more often too...that thrill still hasn't worn off, but the thrill of spending time away from my beloved computer is the new and shiny toy in the drawer...if ya know what I mean ya dig? (what?))

posted by Buttug McOysty . 8:58 PM .