Saturday, February 07, 2009

How Not To Handle Your Accounts  

I went to deposit some funds into my brand new shiny TFSA.

*Sidenote* - Mc Hammer's 'U Can't Touch This' but instead of 'touch', substitute the word 'tax'. Hit single, right? *End Sidenote*

I wanted to get an access card so I wouldn't have to provide ID everytime (it's basically a debit card). Now, I have had prior dealings with this particular bank, so the process was supposed to be quite simple.

Teller - Can I see two pieces of ID?
McOysty - Sure thing. *Produces a driver's license and credit card*
Teller - Oh...not this credit card. Would you happen to have the one you used in your previous dealings with us?

Hold on to something, you're about to travel through time.

------THREE HOURS AGO------


McOysty - Hi credit card company, I'd like to cancel this credit card.
Teller - No problem! I'll do that for you right now. Would you like to open up a new account?
McOysty - Nope. I already opened a new one, which is why I don't need this one no mo'.
Teller - Alright! Have a nice day.
McOysty - I think I will.

I then proceed to victoriously cut up the canceled credit card, accompanied by a small victory dance (a little two step).

------BACK TO THE FUTURE------


McOysty - -_- (I really made that face)

posted by Buttug McOysty . 3:10 PM .