Saturday, February 21, 2009

Dared if I Do, Dared if I Don't  

You know, in all my years of typing out things and pressing "post", I don't ever remember being dared to write. Sure, I've been given suggestions, been encouraged, and more often than not, been mocked, but never dared.

Until now.

And as I thought about it, I realized that no one topic was really off-limits for me. To talk about that is. I mean, I know some things are better left unsaid, some things are better said in person, and something's gotta give. The movie. But not that movie.

What I've been dared to write about is something stereotypically left for the women of this world to write about. And from that gross over-generalization, I'd break it down into two groups; one group that will gush on-and-on about said topic, and the other group that will hate till the cows come home for a whole spectrum of reasons.

Where am I going with this.

I will review the movie, He's Just Not That Into You.

(Do yourself a favor and go watch the trailer AND the bit about the cliches not found in the movie).

Wait. What? McOysty is going to review a movie? He doesn't do that, does he? I mean, I know he's written a humorous review of a Hilary Duff album, but a 'chick flick'? Does this mean he watched it? And liked it? Did he watch it before or after being dared to write a review? Did he go by himself? Is life really good? Who is this teacher that keeps sending me parenting emails from California? Does my car really need to have it's oil changed at 9am tomorrow morning? How much work should one expect to do on their last week on a client project? Can somebody hook me up with a TTC metropass for the month of March? Why do birds suddenly appear? What's a good 1am snack?

All that, and much less, will be answered in the next post. So sit back, relax, but not too much, because you'll want to be here when it hits the internets. It's going to be legend...

...ARY. Legendary. Exclamation mark.

On second thought, I might be hyping this post a little much, to the point where my writing abilities probably won't back me up. Now, I don't want this to be the biggest letdown since finding out about Chris Brown, so you know, just swing by about a week from now, you know, on your own time. Whatever.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 12:49 AM .