Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Inmate's Diary: Chapter One  

Haven't thrown anything substantial up in a while, and that's good because I'm one of those hurlers that hurls when I see someone else's mess, or even my own, thus leading to a very ugly endless cycle. And now my hair is probably long enough that I'd need someone to hold it back for me. Not a good look.

And all the people that think they are Lil Jon say "WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAT".

I feel the need for a preface, because this is quite long. Although not as long as it could've been, but much longer than it probably should've been. And, as an incentive for reading this extra long post, whenever I tangent off or try to come back to a thought (and I do that plenty), I will redeem myself by transitioning extra smoothly.

*If you are oblivious to Jim and Pam's romance, or if you cannot pick sides when it comes to me thinking Lois Lane is a cooler character than Lana Lang, or if you are still confused as to how a House can be a genius doctor, I STILL think you should read this post. But you've been duely warned that it may contain NOTHING AT ALL for you, as I am too lazy to link to explainations of everything I'm about to mention.*

**Except the transitions. Read the transitions. You will regret missing them.**


SNAKES


In honor of the beginning of the return of glorious fall/winter television shows, signifying an end to the CRAP I've been fed over this summer that was only bearable because of the once-every-four-year World Cup Dive Fest (oh, I must not forget the Teen Choice Awards show Joke), kicked off by Prison Break, I decided to find a way out of my cubicle jail.

Yes, me of little courage, and equally little muscle, mustered just enough fortitude to ask my manager for a laptop so I would be able to roam around the premises while working, and the unmentioned option of working off-site (ie. from the comfort of my very own bed).

If you're asking if I did the equivalent of walking up to the warden of the prison and politely asking to be let out, then yes, yes I did. It just doesn't happen that way. Apparantly, an escape cannot be hatched in my courageous, but less than intelligent, way.

ON


Quick sidenote here, and I'll make it quick because I will most probably write up something bigger for this issue, but speaking of less than intelligent, people in the Survivor camp decided that for their 13th season, they would split teams up by their Ethnicity.

Not. A. Good. Look.

I won't lie, it's good to have the option of ranting about TV shows. It's almost like how when I heard Kevin Federline was making music, I immediately embraced that idea, hoping it would be so horrendous that it would provide me an endless amount of amusement just thinking about it. Same goes for Paris Hilton and anything she does.

Call me John, or Kate, or Jack, or Sawyer, or The Others, I'm plenty Lost. Transition time!

A


So color me embarassed upon hearing "Sorry, at this point in time the company simply cannot provide all interns with a laptop", but not to be sobby and broken-hearted about it, I instead am trying a different approach starting now. Gathering materials/resources, over an unnecessary and frustratingly long (sounds like I'm describing my blog posts haha) long period of time, climaxing in one of the most brilliantly engineered cubicle jail break-outs ever to be carried out. I acquired my first valuable commodity yesterday night, and employed it today. Ear-loving, sound-perfecting, annoyance-blocking headphones.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Neither was my little Lego fortress I have in the basement of my home, but you don't see that put into a deep, makes-you-stop-and-think kinda statements, but I digress. With this newfound outlook, little by little I will gather more and more useful things until one day, I will have the most valued of assets...

...no, not an unlimited supply of sour-cream glazed timbits...

...no, also not the world's greatest TV remote accompanied by the world's finest television, no, HOME THEATER system, as (pardon my Grey's) McDreamy as that can be...

MUTHA@#!&ING


What I'm talking about...is...TRUST.

Everybody wants to be trusted, nobody will trust everybody.

I'm sorry, did someone say, T-SHIRT. Maybe not, but hey it was my first conscious attempt at creating a t-shirt friendly slogan. If you want to give it a try, by all means, that's what the comment section is for.

PLANE


Equipped with trust, I will then be set free for forever (possibly the worst use of alliteration since seventeen sssseventy ssssssseven (nope that definitely took the cake (this makes the bracket count 3, and inside each other, it's amazing what one man and no censorship can do!)))

HISS


Only to return to prove my true love...of getting that credit for school. Afterall, I do love school, something I realize after only 4 months of "full-time" employment, and a daunting year still ahead of me.

Time to end this post. I'm plum out of transitions. Good night/grief.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 10:08 PM .