Thursday, February 24, 2005

heartfelt post?  

There has been a recent rash of people passing away or that are about to and I have certainly not really been in the "know" about these things until I came home for this reading week. And one of them has hit home quite hard, not me personally but I can see the way it affects my parents. They've known her for a long time I think, and it's scary how fast one person's health can deteriorate.

I don't know how much I wanna write about it here, but good old "happy" me has been put away for today. I just want to leave anyone who may be going through whatever hardship or whatever with this tidbit that is yes so cliche but encouraging on my part "He is faithful, He is true." There really is nothing to say, nothing that can be said to bring back the life of another person. But my mother put it quite nicely, its not necessarily a time to "cry or be sad", its a time to "celebrate that person's life".


On a lighter note, I am once again reminded at how small this world really is. Turns out my Queen's buddy who is originally from Vancouver is staying in Toronto at one of my oldest friend's house! SO weird! Maybe its not how small the world is, its how small my Christian bubble is.

And I also reminded of how "fallen" humanity is. I just watched Hotel Rwanda with my dad. The things humans do, its just... wow. It sometimes is a little hard to believe how we are created in God's image. I know i know, its just a movie. But still.

Not exactly the stuff I pictured myself thinking about during reading week.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 4:42 PM .