Thursday, September 06, 2007

Things You Should For Really Know, Like, Cmon Now  

Browsing the snack section of the downtown Food Basics located slightly out of comfortable walking range (but only because the return is uphill, and you try going uphill in the winter time, it's like one step up, slip and slide back down to the bottom, try again), my shopping partner in crime exclaims, "Teddy Grahams! For a dollar!" I quickly snatched up a box and proceeded to the checkout counter.

It turns out that a dollar doesn't buy you Teddy Grahams, but something really close:



Huggy Bears!

The economical answer to overpriced, but so worth it, Teddy Grahams.

Only after I arrive back home do I get the urge to go buy actual Teddy Grahams for comparison sakes, and because you know, I just saved a ton of money by switching to Geico buying one dollar rip-off Teddy Grahams, so what better way to celebrate money saved than buying a redundant snack! So I walk over to the other grocery store, A&P, located much closer to home, and here is the photo comparison:





I didn't end up buying the same variety (chocolate chip vs oatmeal) so I can't conduct an accurate taste comparison.

How did I end up at Food Basics in the first place? After having an apartment upstairs cook for me last night, I figured there was no possible way I could convince a different group of people to cook meals for me for the next 8 months without ending up with zero friends and a few swift and accurate kicks to my shins, so I had to rectify my empty fridge/freezer situation just in case I didn't feel like prodding friends to provide food.

Talk is cheap. But I'm not. Really!

And the first official meal I decide to cook, after 16 months of sitting back and having food already prepared when I reached home from a rough day (ha) at work, I neglect the creamy soup sauce until it had boiled over and my friend across the hall had frantically walked over to check if everything was alright (he smelled burning).

I cooked for two straight years prior to my 16 month leave of absence.

And people didn't believe me when I said I forgot how to be a student.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 12:25 AM .