Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Fortune-ate?  

I sat down to discover my fortune for tonight, via the opening and eating of a fortune cookie delivered alongside some takeout.

"Give yourself a day off -- at least give yourself a relaxing evening."

I was not pleased with the outcome of this fortune as I had already planned to give myself the night off (did I mention I was going to a concert that technically starts in the middle of my exam tonight? Chris, I know you're not reading this, but don't tell our parents, okay? Thanks.)

(That made no sense at all.)

Because I ordered a meal for two (the food works about to be about four meals so it's cheaper if I order this way and pretend as if I had someone to eat with), I sat down to open the other fortune cookie.

"Give yourself a day off -- at least give yourself a relaxing evening."

Either the restaurant has a barrel full of the exact same message for all the frazzled students during exam time (probable), or the gods-of-Chinese-takeout are trying to tell me something (ominous).

posted by Buttug McOysty . 5:38 PM .