Tuesday, March 11, 2008

*Inaudible Whispering*  

If you are a male, you probably are not capable of acting out the title of this post.

(I know you just tried, like, right now...)

See, somebody once informed me of this, that guys were actually incapable of whispering. To which I angrily rasped back in a quieter voice, "Yes we can" (pre-Obama, so no word to Barack Hussein). It was not a whisper.

Whispering, as demonstrated by the two nurses in the endoscopy unit I currently volunteer at, is when you speak in such a way that a person standing a mere 3 feet away cannot hear a word you say.

No vocal chords.

(I know you're still working on that whisper, and some of you may have it!...that's okay...keep it coming)

Not that I was offended by the nurses whispering away 3 feet away from me. They almost have to to deliver outstanding patient care (the quieter the better whilst recovering from any invasive procedure). They even go so far as to answer the phone, walk over to the person being asked for on the phone, and whisper, "it's for you". This dumbfounded me, as I'm much more used to yelling from the basement to the upstairs kitchen, "hey, HEY, pick up the phone".

There wasn't much action happening in the endoscopy unit today. I studied how the nurses operated instead.

Speaking of. The mere fact that I'm back volunteering at a hospital four days after checking into one myself is not lost on me. I love my appendix and hope to keep it. Nurses and doctors have my respect not only for how they act, but how they acted towards me.

Uhm.

*hugz*

You didn't read that.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 7:24 PM .