Friday, November 02, 2007

Bubble Trouble  

Bubble-gum makes my jaw tired. It's probably why I never buy bubble-gum, nor take anyone up on their gum (bubble or not) offers. I inevitably end up spitting the gum out in five minutes.

But today, I deemed five minutes worthy of the $1.36 it costs for a pack of Sour Apple Bubblicious, the only brand of bubble-gum worth anyone's time anyways. Feel free to disagree, but you'd be wrong.

So I stood there, counted out $2.36, took my $1.00 change, and walked towards the door feeling proud for unloading 7 worthless coins (6 pennies and a nickel) and for indulging myself in a sudden urge to splurge on what amounts to chewy, flavorful sugar, until I was stopped by the shrill voice of the cashier.

"Sir, your bubble-gum?"

I had almost inadvertently walked out of the store without my purchased merchandise. The scary thing is, this is not the first time I've lined up, paid for an item, and walked away without said item.

I am a modified-philanthropist by trade. I give to the poor stores.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 11:32 AM .