Tuesday, November 27, 2007

WHY ARE TEAMS STILL KICKING TO DEVIN HESTER  

*Preface - I said I'd report back here with my eating habits for the past week, but it turns out, my experiment was flawed. Everytime I wanted to go eat crap, I remembered that I'd have to put that on my blog and that momentarily deterred me from buying and eating crap. But then, because of my journalistic instincts, I attempted to correct this bias and present credible results by convincing myself to eat things I'd normally eat whether or not I'd be posting about them later.

So what happened was an internal mind battle. And if you saw me standing on the sidewalk outside a chip-truck looking horribly confused and slightly pained, that's what was happening.


Let's say you have a friend, whom you have lent money to in the past, and you have observed cases of other people also lending the very same friend money in the past. 80% of the time, the money never gets returned. This friend approaches you and after an explanation of the plight they currently finds themselves in, asks you to lend them some money to get themselves out of the financial bind.

You. Don't. "Lend". That. Friend. Your. Money.

Instead, you'd probably find alternative ways, "teaching friend how to fish" etc.

Right?

Right.

Take that theory and apply that to this football player, and why you would never want to "test" him. Just kick the ball out of bounds already, please.

He's just that good.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 4:36 PM .