Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Let The Rain Fall Down...  

...I'm coming clean. Word to Hilary Duff.

I have an addiction. I'm past the first stage (denial) and I'm in the stage of admittance. Steps have been taken to right this wrong, including being here to write about this wrong.

Frick (you'll understand in a second).

"You write well despite an unfortunate addiction to the passive voice (which I urge you to lose)." - Philosophy 157 Professor

Before today, I didn't even know there existed a passive voice. And what I didn't know, hurt me. I feel like someone should've warned me of the dangers that follow from using a passive voice. Perhaps my high-school English teachers. Not even instruct on the subject, just maybe briefly mention it in a bullet point on a "things not to do in University".

Also.

I like to pad my writing with unnecessary things. I think it may stem from my tendency to do asinine things, for example:

*Sidenote* I just finished filling out the "apply to graduate" form, and realized the due date was 6 days ago. Can you say, sixth year? But back to the point at hand, I tend to lambaste you, my readership, with unrelated topics, and then have the audacity to follow it with something like...*End Sidenote*

*Seriously? A sidenote following a sidenote?* Yup. *End Sidenote*

All that taken into consideration, I still did well, although I guess that could be attributed to the fact that I'm not playing Spider Solitaire on dumb easy mode during lectures. And maybe because I have a knack for following instructions.

Except that time when I re-read an assignment outline with ten minutes to go before an online submission and realized I had missed one of the final requirements and attempted to hammer out mad lines of code but still missed the deadline by one minute. One. Minute.

That time was Monday.

Today has been better.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 8:55 AM .