Tuesday, March 22, 2005

every tuesday  

i somehow manage to fit in a complaint about my 8am chem lab every tuesday. i should just start a segment every tuesday that is focused entirely on my chem lab, but luckily for you (my dear readership hehehe) there is only one lab left. actually its every other tuesday that i have lab, and that coincides with my cisc logic test every other tuesday. so i also got pissed off at high school kids in the caf again. so if i really wanted to do a segment, it would be named "things on tuesday that piss me off - chemistry and high school children"

so todays lab was a quick crystallization and recrystallization. and honestly, it was quick. but the retarded thing was, we had to determine melting points for our two different products. so that requires the person doing the lab (me) to stuff a lil bit of the sample product into a test tube, and then wait and watch until the thing melts. so the first product went off without a hitch. but the second product, did NOT want to melt. it just, stayed in its crystal format, and we're talking about heats of 180-200 degrees here. EVENTUALLY my sample melted, but my chem partner's ( i got a new one today as my old one dropped the course ... tells u a lot about the course when 150 ppl drop out) did not melt, even at temps of 200+.

i spent a good HALF HOUR standing there staring through a lil viewing area not much bigger than my pinky, and i was hungry, i wanted to get out of the lab so i could go study for my test i'm writing in about..20 minutes now...BAH

i think i finally figured it out though, albeit (is that even a word? i seem to be using a lot of weird vocabulary lately) a lil late for the lab. if a chemical compound does not want to melt, you use...what do those chemists call it..a catalyst. altho, not a traditional catalyst because you neither get ur catalyst back nor do u get ur product. but the product does...melt, in a sense. you see, its a special ingredient i call a ROCKET, launched from my very own rocket launcher, right into that darned tube. i guarantee you a swift and effective melting of your product. in fact, i'll go so far as to guarantee 100% vaporization.

i think i'm gonna go write a commercial or a jingle, and maybe market this new idea of mine. mmm after a second more logical thought process (logic..get it..i'm writing a logi oh forget it), i will go write my test now. good day (indeed it is a very nice day outside)

posted by Buttug McOysty . 11:58 AM .