Wednesday, March 30, 2005

bad analogies  

as many of you may or may not know (what the heck was the point of starting this blog with this very well, stupid statement) i am a master of bad analogies. actually i only found out this year, or if you've told me b4, i forgot, and i'm sorry.

but the past..well two days, a couple ppl (ahem john and derek) have been throwing around so many analogies thats its starting to drive me nuts! ENOUGH WITH YOUR SHIPS and PAPERS and PORTS! you know, i was so tempted to just use my rocket launcher to blow those analogies "out of the water" hahahaha.

fortunately for them, i have a much better thing to rant about today. see, my chem prof has this thing for reading newspaper in her class. of course, i read all the time in that class cuz i dont know whats going on, and i just figured out that even when i read the paper, i manage to pick things up cuz i was okay in tutorial yesterday. so today, after reading about P Diddy coming to toronto, i decide to pick up the paper, ruffle it a bit, then fold it up. of course, this caused more of a ruckus than i had planned. in fact, the prof stopped in midsentence, proceed to ask me to put away my newspaper, basically pointing me out in front of everybody.

and NO im not gonna rant about the prof cuz what she did was well by her rules of "no newspapers in class". i just felt like a complete idiot cuz about 1/4 of the class reads newspapers, just no one gets caught. until me. good old stupid me!! i felt like a deer caught in headlights that then proceeded to trot off to the side and eat pizza

(analogy critique - started off promising with the whole deer thing, then just "sunk" (refer to ships rant to understand the pun) after the whole pizza thing)

yes i went and got myself pizza a lil later on. and now its all good.
and no i dont think i'll waste a rocket on myself. cuz then nobody would be around to man the rocket launcher when i'm gone. but i promise if i ever decide to ditch this whole rocket launcher bit, i'll blow myself up last.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 4:10 PM .