Saturday, July 01, 2006

Canada Day - Bring On The Fireworks  

I just witnessed two guys get out of their cars and physically beat each other because of a close encounter in traffic. The initiator (at least the guy who jumped out of his car first) was driving a jeep with a Brazil flag on the window.

The Brazilian soccer team had just been ousted in the 2006 World Cup, where they were considered one of the favorites. By the French no less. Yeah, the same French that refused to support George in his conquest of Iraq. Yes, the very same French as our fries.

So I'll cut him some slack. But this is Canada Day. Where I should not be seeing physical fireworks on a busy road, but fireworks exploding in a clear night sky. Where everyone should be celebrating the diversity Canada offers us. Everyone needs to be sharing in the moment, I think I see a baby that needs to be hugged.

And in light of hugging, I owe my blog a hug, because it has been sorely neglected this last week. I'll man up and appologize, I was too busy for it. Come September, when people have filtered back to their respective Universities, I'm sure there will be long lonely nights spent with this blog, posting bitter, bitter posts.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still visit this blog once in a while, Obsessively check the statistics, think over every event that happens in my life to see if it is blog-worthy and post accordingly.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 10:13 PM .