Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Four Day Weekend  

And not just your conventional Friday-Monday Easter-typed long weekend. I'm talking Saturday, Sunday, I-Hate-Monday, and Tuesday. Because the company is special like that.

Allow me to touch on a sidenote here for a second, because as you may have noticed from not skimming the introductory paragraph of this post, I referred to my place of work as "the company". Before I go there, if you're skimming the first paragraph, you're skimming the wrong paragraph, now go take your skimming and apply it to your milk.

I usually have a killer first paragraph, that may or may not have anything to do with the rest of the post, but in theory, I have a good opening to make you read the rest of the crap that is for sure to come in the mid-section, or the gut, of the post.

But that's neither here nor there.

My place of work will no longer be mentioned here, in one of my first steps towards establishing anonymity here on the Internet. And yes, I know I'm fighting an impossible fight, and getting my butt whooped while attempting.

But remember, only you can prevent forest fires.

Especially in this day and age, any employer can quickly Google my name in conjunction with the company's name to hopefully get some dirt on me. Like my opinion on how uncomfortably disgusting it is to see my manager pick his nose while talking to me, yet me being helpless to say anything because, let's face it, hooting and hollering at the elusive fourth dollar digit (---->xxxx.xx) that magically appears in my bank account every two weeks is high up on the list of reasons why I have yet to kick a dog for my frustrations at work.

And I wonder if they have established the google name search as a screening process before even considering interviewees. I doubt it, but if I ever got high enough on the corporate ladder to have the power to hire, I'd implement this policy. Personally, I don't know how many times I've labelled myself a lazy no good using-the-company-for-their-free-pens-and-notebooks-while-taking-their-money-ha employee. I'd only correctly assume that others will show sides not seen in a job interview on their blog.

Again, neither here nor there.

Step two towards anonymity, when googling "Insert My Name Here", this blog no longer shows up as the number one hit. I recently addressed this problem by simply changing the registered name, and now the first real website that shows up is some anime geek that would probably be good friends with my brother because they both love Pop music in foreign languages.

Simplicity combined with effectiveness is a powerful combination. N! choose P is some confusing combinatorics.

Note the "Insert My Name Here" used above, I will never again post up my full name, and will continue to use the weirder, and so-random nicknames that have been bestowed upon me over the years. And I'll try to keep the third person perspectives to a minimum. But that's just how Buttug does it.

I will also personally edit any comments that contain my full name in there, not because I really think it matters, but because I can, and I will.

One more step I will consider taking is that anyone currently linking to me using my full name will be given a cease-and-desist punch in the neck. Although, this step may be under consideration for a while longer because it'd be very hypocritical of me not to remove those full names I have attached to the links over there on the left, and some linkers are not a punch-distance away.

The long road towards being the the ultimate faceless blogger. Fading into the black that is the background color of this blog.

Let me wrap up by pointing out how I have blogged three out of the four days during my long weekend. A weekend well spent.

I think I hear my television and couch calling.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 3:01 PM .