Monday, August 06, 2007

Because, We Are A Family  

*Preface - Quick shots from a weekend away at McMaster University for the annual church summer get-away. Highly disjointed, but if you want to read an essay, may I suggest something from TIME magazine or perhaps, one of my previous posts.

- Once you've had a taste of suite-styled residences, you can never go back.

- Having a big, juicy, fly loose in the suite is annoying, but probably not as annoying as having loose snakes on a plane.

- Timbuktu is a real city, located in Mali (Africa). ColoUr me informed.

- Beautiful girls have me suicidal in denial?

- Dwiak!

- The kitchen people at McMaster inject cans of condensed air into their cafeteria food. It is the only explanation for all the gas that was passed this weekend.

- Ink does not seem to wash off my skin easily. People need to stop drawing on me. I need to stop letting people draw on me.

- Even though I am slightly cynical about the Chinese Christian cookie-cutter experience, I am only truly beginning to appreciate the different stories, personalities, and other randomnimities that any given individual can offer.

- Azure. Quo. Sway. My brother and I pwn scrabble. I don't need a red squiggly to tell me that randomnimities is not a word. And, TEMP is a real word. Learn things kids, learn things. Thank you.

- Speaking of my brother, he owes me five dollars. He bet on the wrong horse in a poker showdown. And he was the dealer. And he tried to fix the game. Not a good look.

- I hate Sean Kingston... 's musical offerings.

- The Nintendo DS is the best gaming system around today. And to truly appreciate the Nintendo DS, one must play 8 player networked Mario Kart. It inexplicably takes over your life. No meal was complete without a good round of trash talking, shell shocking, road rage racing action. It was loads of fun, even finishing 8 out of 8 every time to kids could not diminish the fact.

- Impromptu jamming (with optional joke telling) is a hobby I would like to pick up once again. And photography.

- My brother Nouhoum not only came and laid the Biblical smack-down on our congregation, he kept it real. And at times, real funny. I can only hope to live life as full as he has, and still is. Can I live? Jay-Z asked that question best.

- It doesn't matter what time of day it is. I ALWAYS quiero Taco Bell. And the Crunchwrap Supreme tastes like heaven. The fact that it is 7-layered, is no coincidence.

- People are naturally uninhibited by about 3am. There is no alcohol needed to loosen people up. Just keep them up to three. And watch sparks fly.

- Piw piw piw.

- Does anybody know where I can find more time!?

- Let go of my eggo.

- It's surprising how much of the French language I can pick up on. I miserably gave up after grade 11, but my retention rate is astounding. To me at least. I surprise myself routinely. Keeps me on my toes.

- If there's one thing you need in life, it's Jesus. If there's another, it's syrup.

- This entire weekend was the first weekend away from the city in a while. It showed me how badly I needed the escape. I rarely get sentimental here, but to everyone that was a part of my experience, however big or small, thanks.

*Hugs*

posted by Buttug McOysty . 10:10 PM .