Friday, May 27, 2005

buying stuff  

of course, i cant do an america appreciation blog week without lauding its shopping potetial. i am a person of bad style, not much variety in clothing, and i barely do my own shopping. but even I was able to come back home with an impressive haul of clothing and other items.

I don't think its necessarily the quality, or the quantity of items. Its definitly the ridiculous prices that fuel me to buy items I would not normally buy, or would hold out for a sale in Canada (cuz stuff I want NEVER goes on sale...should be an addition to murphy's law). It helps that the sales tax is lower down there.

my working theory is that the clothing is cheaper down there because, okay now stick with me, the food down there is ridiculous. I'd like to hazard a guess and say that Americans will eat out more often than us (at least us Chinese ppl that have our mother's cook us nice meals every night). This leads to larger bellies, causing the higher clothing turnover...ha farfetched huh

of course the music albums i want happen to drop AFTER i come back from the states. but after anticipating the new common sense album, which due to the canadian taxing system, legally has to be called common 1.15 cents, i had to buy.

on the topic of money, i think whoever decided to use a pricing system that included pennies is an idiot. i say we start over. take all the pennies of this world, melt them together into a penny statue of bronze and put it on sale for $100.01. that way no one would ever be able to buy it due to the lack of pennies...and that would piss people off and remind them how stupid pennies are in the first place. yeah. stupid pennis that weigh down my wallet.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 10:22 AM .