Monday, January 16, 2006

Things You Can Do In One Hour  

I pose this question because I no longer want to feel like I'm wasting these one hour breaks I have between classes. And by these, I mean like the one I have right now. I'm gonna leave it open ended so feel free to suggest a few of your own ideas, but what I have right now:

- Sleep

And I can't even do that. Because Jack Bauer refuses to carry my unconscious body around.

So I'm gonna go ahead and waste a few of your precious minutes. Bear with me now, this will be slightly long-winded and may not have a point.

Apparantly, the age-old question that keeps computer scientists up at night is whether or not P=NP. Some nerds will even go as far as taking a 2-3 year "retreat" to Alaska where they will sit in their tents and work on this problem day and night.

And then it hit me. Oh my gosh. I'm a computer scientist. And I'm gonna turn out to be:



All alone in the wilderness that is Alaska (I know Alaska doesn't quite look like above picture) wandering around thinking of ways to prove P=NP all day and all night (even when...yes its coming, I need to pee). So even if it may be true that everbody loves the dork (see Seth Cohen...note that he has "TWO GIRLFRIENDS"), there ain't nobody to like the dork when the dork is a nomad wandering around trying to solve an equation nobody gives a flying stork about. The dork not worth a flying stork.



Hey did you know that Disney kept the Dumbo stork as a reoccuring character in other movies like Lambert the Sheepish Lion? See for yourselves:



Move over Nintendo. You're not the only company that has figured out how to exploit popular characters over and over and over and over. I'll give Nintendo credit though, it was a very gutsy move to put out this character in Smash Bros Melee:



I challenge you to find me a kid that would want to play as a big black blob as opposed to playing as the ever-so-cute Kirby. Although, the idea of "death by flying sausages" or "you've been...domesticated" are pretty catchy phrases to say after a victory with "Mr. Game & Watch".

How did we get here!? What the heck. In the spirit of ending things awkwardly...

posted by Buttug McOysty . 5:31 PM .