Wednesday, January 25, 2006

What Was I Thinking  

As I took two steps towards the door of my 10:30am class this morning, I realized that a bunch of girls had surrounded me and were pushing their way to the door as well, while yabbering away about their clinicals and such.

Now, it's no secret I'm in compsci. It's also no secret that the male to female ratio in compsci is about infinity times the Golden Ratio. If I had to guesstimate, I'd say it was about 20:1? Heck, I may just tabulate for reals tomorrow. Probably not, I'm too busy with the not-paying-attention.

Anyways, no problemo, I quickly backtrack a bit, and realize that I had mixed up my classes in my head (I bamboozled myself!) and that my real class was in the room next door. That's what happens when you have two compsci courses in the same building. You just will never be able to remember which class you actually have.

"Wait, do I have CISC223 today after my Tuesday morning dance with wolves? Or was it CISC365?"

AND THEN IT HIT ME. I had just walked away from a class full of girls. I had the chance to sit beside people that probably smelt like flowers and take up much less space than your average guy. Not that I dislike sitting beside the people I sit beside in class, nor do I want them to start smelling like flowers, but I'm just sayin.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 12:48 AM .