Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Is My Notes Realy THta Bad?  

*I am in no way poking fun of any disabled persons. Just wanted to clear that up.

New semester, new courses. In every one of my new courses this term, the corresponding professors have announced the need for a special note-taker for "someone" in that class.

Normally, I would brush this off, and actually, I've considered being the note-taker myself before realizing that I'm asleep in about a third of the lectures I attend, and day dreaming in about half of the remaining. So I've always politely declined.

"Hi Buttug, Jen Pumpelwagon with the New York Times. Any comment with regards to where you are going with this? Is this a post to announce that you have become a note-taker?! Because if it is, it's rather weaksauce, and I'm mildly offended."

Thank you for your question Jen, and did you just make a pun? I think you did. Good for you, welcome to the big leagues. I'm sure one day you'll be the one in a war-torn country writing up big inspirational stories about US soldiers and all they are accomplishing for the good of the people there. Oh wait, you're not Bill O'Reily.

But to answer you question. No. I haven't. Although I have yet to completely pass out to the point of drooling yet this term (don't worry, I'll jinx this back with a fancy thing I picked up from a tv show), I am still more or less day-dreaming OR talking during most lectures.

I'm beginning to think that the reason a note-taker is needed in every one of my classes is because maybe I am the person requiring the notes. It's just too creepy of a coincidence. Maybe one of my friends finally decided that my classroom habits have deteriorated to lows even the Nortel stock has never experienced, and it was time I got some help.

Thanks friends.

...

Ahem. Yes?

"Teahee Hee from the Seattle Times. Isn't it customary for a President such as yourself to accept at least two questions from the press?"

Accepted.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 1:02 PM .