Monday, September 11, 2006

My World Is No Longer The Same  

The platform in which I exist today is not the same as it was yesterday. The fundamentals have been rocked, and I have been left in shock. Things change. Things'll never be the same. And that's just the way it is.

How dazed am I? It is as if I now exist in a world where Pluto is no longer considered a planet.

...oh.

For the first time since I was three, I do not join other students in going back to school. No longer do I consider myself a student, no longer must I subject myself to long lines at a campus bookstore, no longer am I sequestered from my parents (and the nagging/love that comes from them) in a far off city.

No longer do I listen to the Black Eyed Peas. With an exception given to Fergie.

With all that and more being said, there is almost nothing I would rather be doing than being back in my University environment. With THAT also being said, I now have a year away from it all, to ponder, to reflect, to be or not to be, Tupac Shakur.

Speaking of police not doing their jobs, I was doing about 150 coming back from K-town (not to be confused with K-Fed...I wonder if his album has leaked yet because I'm morbidly curious), singing at the top of my lungs, and yes I'll admit it, I was slightly off pitch because I'm still new to this harmony business. As such, I failed to pay attention to my rear-view mirror until it was too late.

But as they say, better late than never.

Now I know I drive over the limit. I also knew that one day, I would be pulled over for speeding, it was an inevitability. I also understand that if I get caught, there really is nothing to argue about because I'm violating traffic regulations voluntarily. I would not give the policeman a hard time, and just pony up whatever I owned. I thought today was the day I got, uh, got.

As I pulled over to the right lane, slightly frustrated at myself for not being more aware of the situation (ie. the oncoming police jeep, seriously, I should've been able to see this thing from a mile away), the police jeep proceeds to blow by me, and disappear into the horizon.

And then the car behind me pulls out and passes me by because I was going slow enough to pull over into the shoulder.

If the police are not stopping super-sonic-speed demons like me (although I am a safe speeder, no childrens or endangered species at risk), I think we shouldn't have policeman at all. Because either they ARE doing their job, or they aren't doing their job. And they should not be paid to do the latter. Or not do the former.

Period.

Don't think that I don't know that by typing this post up, and sarcastically poking fun at how I was not stopped for doing 150, one day I will be pulled over for doing 50 on a 40, or something much less severe, but ever the slap-across-the-face.

Anticipation. And I ALWAYS anticipate wrong.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 3:49 PM .