Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Weekend Part 2 - The Move In  

My brother is gone. He's left me with one extra bedroom, with which I still haven't decided what to do with. Heck I can't even decide what I should do with the big blank wall in my own bedroom.

What else. He's left behind some poker chips, which I can shuffle to my heart's content and do those cute little tricks I see those pros doing all the time on television while they take money away from n00bs.

And we musn't forget, he's left me to face the BRUNT of the nagging from my dear parents. And the chores. He's left me all the chores.

I guess when I ran off to University without looking back (not to be mistaken with my head being tilted backwards in some sort of evil maniacal laughing) three years ago, my brother went through exactly the same emotions.

Am I actually going to talk about moving my brother in? No. Because it was very boring, and I was very unnecessary, because (as pointed out to me by many):

1. I am not cut out for heavy lifting.

and

2. THERE WAS NO HEAVY LIFTING TO BE DONE.

As I said, nothing interesting. If I had lifted ten boxes over my head while preventing a kid from being classified as road-kill by a careless truck backing up, like I did last week (no I didn't), then not only would you have seen me on the front page of your local newspaper, I would be blatantly heralding myself as a hero, right here at Stupefying Stupidity.

Like in big, red, fancy font, probably something like this:

I AM A HERO


Uh, it seems to be missing something. Allow me to try again:

I AM A HERO!!!


Ah the little things in life that make all the difference. Just like how I tweaked my template to make the comment link right justified. Cleans this place up a bit you know.

Sorry. No interesting hero stories from me today.

Although, actually, backing out of my driveway this morning, I almost ran someone over, but I stopped with more than enough time.

That's me, Buttug McOysty, saving lives, one near-miss at a time.

So it's official. Children everywhere are back in school, meaning I have to check my rear-view mirror and such before I back wildly out of my driveway to get to work not-so-late in the morning.

And of course, Murphy's law states that everytime there are no cars preventing you from getting onto the road, there will be children in your way, and vice versa.

This cannot end good.

Neither can this post.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 8:02 PM .