Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Life...is but a Beach Chair  

*The poetic inspiration: Twas the Night Before Christmas*

Twas the night before American Thanksgiving, and I was watching House,
I missed it Tuesday night, like the blind cat missed the mouse.
There's nothing as calming as watching someone administer quality health care,
And for a split second, I would've much rather been there.

To see the patients all tucked into their beds,
Then out of nowhere, a song got stuck in my head.
I tried to settle down, took a swig of water and replaced the cap,
When that wouldn't work, I attempted to take a short nap.

But no, the incessant music was growing to a loud clatter,
Mother asked, "Is everything alright?", I replied, "Nothing's the matter".
And just like that it was gone like a flash,
All that was left was the memory, that, and my sash.

Here's where I give up trying to match the last word of each line,
Because I'm about to go on a major tangent, go into the undefined.
A couple weeks ago I forgot to write an "I'm Thankful For" post,
Luckily I've been given this second chance to go back, like Christmas Past, the ghost.

First and foremost, Pantene Pro V for making my hair glow,
Not to boast, but it's as smooth as a baby's below.
In an age where life moves so fast, I make time to move slow,
To the joys and the strife that are passed, I grind and I grow.

Delightful company is as hard to find as a misplaced wallet,
Grateful for my crew, my peoples, my hood, whatever you call it.
The company in the other sense puts money in the bank,
Allowing me to eat well, prime rib steak to the flank.

The novelty of writing in verse is slowly fading like the ozone,
I'm thankful for everything, the big down to the small toys I own.
Thankful for my cheap A-B rhyme schemes, patented and perfected,
Thankful for the path that lies ahead that has been previously selected.

And with that I'm gone, but not for long,
Back by tomorrow, minus the cute song.
This post may have been a lost one,
But sorry, I'm a champion.

*A couple minutes later, I decide this video is appropriate, besides the first part which most won't understand*


posted by Buttug McOysty . 9:10 PM .