Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A Little Nintendo Word Play  

I sat down to write this post and right away I was faced with a dilemma. The way I figured, there were two ways I could've gone about developing this entry. And just like that, two little characters appeared, one on each of my shoulders.

The first possibility, as explained by the character that resembled the recently ousted Donald Rumsfield, would've had me penning today's happenings, much like a narrator, except the narrative would have been in past tense, and I'm no good with tenses. I would've been filling everyone in on the events of my mundane life. If you think about it, it's like living through a boring day twice, and similar to how victim's of horrible atrocities are unable to talk about it because it replays the events/emotions all too realistically for them to be able to take it, I wasn't too keen on this idea. Even minus the horrible atrocities.

The only reason I would've subjected myself to this torture would have been to create a carefully constructed story that cleverly included every phrase found in this list that shows how the blogosphere has abused the gaming console's name. All 35 of them. The post would've taken on an ironic feel.

The second possibility, as explained by Homer Simpson (no O.J.), would've had me writing up a medium sized post that didn't really go anywhere, with the only objective being one crazy punchline at the end that would've left the reader feeling not only slightly shocked, but also gipped of an actual post.

The three of us looked at each other in disbelief. It was so simple, yet so genius, that Wii concurred on option two.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 11:01 PM .