Monday, February 05, 2007

Real Creative Titles, Spam Be Gone!  

Before the obligatory SuperBowl Sunday thoughts, here's what's going down. I need you, the wonderful readers, to comment on this post with nothing but a number between 1 and 100. And to make this more interesting, I will only be accepting the first five unique numbers. That means if a person already picked a number, don't pick that number again, or I will ignore you. Feel free to continue commenting after that, the comments will still be read and snickered at.

What for, you ask? Well, I'm not telling you until I get five random numbers between one and one hundred. This tactic is commonly known as building suspense, and involving the readership, and to an extent, frustrating the readership.

Superbowl Things, In Point Form Because I'm Lazy Like That


- You know that point in the Star Spangled Banner when they're proclaiming "the bombs bursting in air"? That portion can only be properly conveyed through sign language.

- You DO NOT KICK TO DEVIN HESTER.

- Is there anything more humiliating than watching the ball bounce off your helmet? I guess it could be argued that it'd be more humiliating if you're watching the ball bounce off a lower region in your body, but both are equally and unintentionally funny.

- Adam Vinatieri missed a field goal. Seriously, this guy is as money as the sun coming up tomorrow morning. The world as I know it, is over.

- Prince KILLED IT. And I wasn't even a fan of his work before. I am now. Just curious, is it actually dangerous to play electric guitar in the rain? Common sense tells me yes, keep babies away from electric guitars in the rain, but after Prince's performance in the rain, I'm not as convinced.

- The NFL prints up "SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS" hats/t-shirts for both teams before the game, so right at the conclusion of the game, the winning team can be crowned immediately. The LOSING team's hats and t-shirts apparently get sent to Africa, thanks to World Vision. I'm just wondering how long before they show up on e-bay, and how much I have to pay to get one. And did anyone think about the poor kids in Africa that will be receiving bad information? They could be running around all their lives thinking the Bears (and freakin' Terrible Rex Grossman, T-Rex as I call him) won Superbowl XLI*. That's unacceptable.

- You may remember me calling the Bears to win, even while cheering for the Colts. Well, I like to think I did my part in jinxing the Bears. I put myself in a win-win situation. Either way, I knew I could only come out shining**. And I sure did.

- K-Fed making fun of himself. Give him a chance everyone, even K-Fed laughs at K-Fed.



* Wow! Asterisks are back! If Justin brought sexy back (which he didn't), then I'm going to get my resurrection game on too. I know this point is rather insensitive to the actual major issues that they face. I'd like to think I use my sarcasm to underline the general apathy the western world (myself included most of the time, no singling out here) exudes on the issue of AIDS and famine relief and tribal wars.
** If you mail me a crow sandwich, I will eat it.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 10:48 PM .