Monday, July 09, 2007

Dear Hotmail Administrators,  

I have used your email service for quite a few years. In part, because you pretty much forced me to sign up for one to use your popular messenger service, and partially because I wanted to divert junk mail away from my yahoo account, which, back then, was my primary email account.

I now regret the decision of using my Hotmail account for the junk mail that inevitably comes when signing myself up for a variety of things. Simply put, your spam filters are as leaky as the vegetable an old bucket. Granted, that is why you have a "junk" button, just in case something gets by your frustratingly flawed filtering system.

But in the past two weeks, I have labeled a specific message "junk" about ten times, and what do I find this morning when I log in because Windows Live Messenger informs me that I have two unread emails?

I FIND TWO UNREAD EMAILS WITH THE EXACT SAME TITLE, EXACT SAME MESSAGE BODY, THAT I HAD PREVIOUSLY LABELED AS JUNK.

This is simply unacceptable. Do your employees sit around all day wondering why the sky is blue?

It's time to overhaul the entire department. Starting from the top, and going right through to the bottom, hire an actual monkey to replace the current "monkey" to take care of spam filtering.

I hate Thank you for nothing.

xoxo

Buttug McOysty

posted by Buttug McOysty . 5:47 PM .