Thursday, July 26, 2007

If I'm Fat, It's YOUR Fault, Friend  

*Preface - Just a couple clean-up notes from last post. I forgot to mention how the bigger they are, the harder they fall, so it would make sense that a big girl would cry harder. Also, just to set the record straight, I sing along every time I hear that song. It's like Umbrella. The song is stupid, but it's a hit single, and I love it.

Peep the article.

*Sidenote* - Actually, there is no side to note. *End Sidenote*

U.S. researchers have found evidence obesity is socially contagious and weight gain can spread from person to person through a social network in a domino effect.

You are what you, AND your friends, eat!

My group of friends are tight...when we try to squeeze into one car.

So I'm not a good punchline writer. But the humor that can be extracted from these findings is endless. What's your take?

Now I told you a while back to check out Shaq's reality show, Shaq's Big Challenge. I hate having to find humor in all things fat, but the premise of the show is Shaq puts 6 morbidly obese (I'm not even kidding, that was the doctor's diagnosis) kids through boot camp in order for them to lose weight and back on track with a healthy lifestyle.

The intentions are good and all, but let me tell you a little somethin' somethin' about our friendly giant that is Shaq.

Shaq gets paid millions of dollars to play basketball. Except he only plays maybe 2 months out of the year at most. The rest of the year, he's either officially on summer, or feigning an injury only to miraculously return to help his team "when the games count".

And what is he doing during the summer/recovering from an injury that never was?

GETTING FAT AND BEING LAZY.

Ladies and gentlemen, hypocrisy.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 11:53 PM .