Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Yesterday, I Can't Say Much More  

Yesterday, I volunteered for a project I am not at liberty to discuss. I will say that because it involves the use of different languages I have never spoken before, it is quite the challenge. The team, comprised of other interns from various teams in the company, assembled and was briefed, complete with a spiffy video demo on some processes we'll be going through ourselves. Then we were commissioned, but not before they reminded us that the project was of utmost importance, needed to be completed ASAP, and was strictly company confidential.

Yesterday totally felt like the first Men In Black movie, when Will Smith voluntarily walked into the recruitment office of a top-secret organization for a top-secret project, and in the room, he found four or five other men that were the "best of the best" from other fields of work, and then he proceeded to punch logic loopholes through their competency tests, showing everyone else up at the same time. Except I sat there quietly nodding my head, asking a question at the end of the presentation.

But it doesn't change the fact that yesterday...

...I felt important.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 7:26 PM .