Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I Vote For A Re-Wording  

Strolling along to class in my t-shirt today, and yes I was freezing but I was trying to trick myself into think the weather was warm enough for t-shirts, and no it didn't work. You see how I awkwardly ended that sentence without actually finishing the thought? Yeah, that stuff needs to go. I should definitely look into taking some English courses in summer school.

I passed by a structure that people like to advertise on with different colors of chalk and nice big bubbly lettering. Today, my eyes focused in on the slogan "Coke Off Campus".

Where? And how much would it cost me?!

No kids, I don't do drugs, nor do I condone the use of drugs. Yes of course you can have my autograph, people often mistake me for Barry Bonds when I utter those phrases.

But cmon, if you really wanted to get rid of Coke dealing on campus, I think you could've used a different catch-phrase. And let me be the first to suggest "Kick Coke In The Nuts" or "Coke belongs in the Can" (trash can that is) or "You're an Idiot if You Do Coke".

Why would you use an ambiguous statement like "Coke Off Campus" that would probably only raise the excitement level of the possibility of there being availble Coke off campus. This is a prime example of sacrificing the message for attractiveness. They thought that "Coke Off Campus" would be catchy enough to raise awareness

Let me just leave you with this. No this is not my ode to the winter past, even though I have already kicked winter to the curb with my breaking out in a t-shirt. Although if you don't know what this following item represents, then sure, it IS my ode to winter past.



Please don't take this the wrong way. But NO I definitely do not want one of these t-shirts. I think I'm more ready to cop a green and yellow t-shirt.*

*Seriously, I'm so mysterious with all my little subtle hints and stories and such. Sorry everybody.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 7:19 PM .