Friday, March 17, 2006

Turtles in a Hot Shell  

Over 50% of the mail I receive are pizza advertisement flyers. Therefore, I eat a lot of pizza. Well actually, I shouldn't have said 'therefore' because that implies good advertisement when in actual fact, pizza could be as underground as Mike Jones was back in 01, and I'd still be able to locate it and eat it by the truckload.

The underground is mine, I treat it like home, it's the reason people sayin my name like Mike Jones.

(note to the people that don't care about rap music, you can stop skimming now)

And lately, I have rekindled my love for Super Nintendo's Turtles in Time IV. I also have a rat friend.* I also use the term cowabunga from time to time. Because cowabunga is a surfer term. And I do my fair of surfing (of the internet).

Walking on campus today, I encountered something so incredulous that I had to look twice, slap myself while pinching myself, just to make sure I got it straight. I saw them. Who's them? Them is:



That's right. That IS 184 over there in the top left hand corner. Shoutouts to 184. No need to holler back. Cuz you aint no holler back girls.

(note to people that don't come to Queen's or know the significance of 184, you can stop skimming now)

TURTLES! It would be safe to assume that they're in the little town of Kingston looking for their fourth member Michelangelo. And when I say safe, I really do mean safe, because afterall these turtles are around looking out for common civilians like you and me. And it's been a while since it's been safe on the streets, just hasn't been the same since George Bush sent Batman over to Iraq to win that war.

Now this raises an important question, one that I need answers to before I do something so embarassing that my face would turn green**. At what age is it acceptable to rediscover your love for dressing up as "characters"? And I use the word "characters" very loosely. Because last term I saw three dudes dressed up as "rock, paper and scissors". Yup this crazy stuff like this happens all the time here at the "Harvard of the North"***.

So as I stand here holding my Littlefoot costume, I need to know if society will accept me or laugh at me if I do what I intend to do.

*Please don't hurt me my rat friend. I only linked you once twice.
**Happy St.Patrick's Day to you too.
***Only we refer to ourselves as that. Everyone else calls us the SuperSnobs of the North.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 3:41 PM .