Thursday, March 30, 2006

All Crossed Up  

While typing up this post, I am watching Veronica Mars. And by doing so, I am tying up one of the, lets be generous, 50 computers on the first floor of the library. Yes, I have now become one of those jerks that go to the library to not only NOT do any work, but to be a distraction to others.

I feel like I have fulfilled my disservice-to-society quota.

But what y'all going to do? You gonna be ballers? Shot-callers? Run to tell the library po-po? Nahh you're gonna sit back down and read the rest of my post. Because at least I don't use up valuable library resources everyday. Can't say the same for some of the other library frequents. Like Wikipedia-guy. Or Sleeping-Asian-Guy. Or Creepy-Webcam-Guy.

Back to the point of this post. During this particular episode of Vmars, two characters from Arrested Development (another show I am heads over heels in love with) showed up and made a guest appearance.

Now by no means am I particularly bored with my life. I enjoy my life so much that I am ... sitting in a library watching tv shows. Everyday is a ROLLERCOASTER ride.

Excuse me a sec.

*Buttug throws arms up in the air and exclaims "WEEEEE"*

(the security guard just walked by so Buttug had to prematurely end the Wee-ing)

But no matter how exciting my life, or your life, is, think about how sugary-sweet it would be to have characters from TV shows cross over into your daily life, even for just a day? And I speak from vast experience because just recently, I had my close encounter with crossover-itus.

I think my posts would become exponentially more interesting with the addition of newer/hipper characters. Not that the characters people in my life now are an absolute bore. But allow me to give you a taste of a hypothetical post:

So while I was kickin' it on the corner with Ernie and Bert, Oscar the Grouch suddenly stuck his head out of the garbage can and informed us that Elmo* was laughin up a storm over at the local gift shop because of a random pun he had read on a Hallmark card. And I was like "YO THATS WACK", and I quickly hopped on the batmobile that Batman had so kindly lent me the other day. Archie and Jughead hopped into the backseat and away we went. When we arrived at the gift shop, that fat-headed Burger King ... King, was stuck in the doorway, so I quickly Kung-Fu'd my way through him only to find that Elmo had been kidnapped by the sinister Stewart Griffin.

Leaves you wanting more doesn't it? Well that's all you get for free.

Although I'm very tempted to go on because, well, that was the most fun I have had writing a blog paragraph in a long time. I sincerely doubt that you the reader would have had more fun reading it than I did writing it. And again, what you gonna do? Even with the post ending very soon, it's just highly unlikely you the reader will do anything.

And I'm off. Can somebody please tell me the way to get to Sesame Street? You know, where the air is sweet and friendly neighbors meet?**

*Is it weird that the majority of the made-up characters I think about are from Sesame Street?
**No, seriously, what is up with the Sesame Street Buttug?

posted by Buttug McOysty . 8:18 PM .