Monday, June 26, 2006

So It's Come Down To This  

First penalty kicks of the 2006 World Cup!

Yeah, I don't really care either, but I'm watching to see if someone goes down clutching a knee. That would totally make my Monday.

For those who don't know, a penalty kick in soccer is the equivalent of a penalty shot in hockey (WHO WOULD'VE THUNK what with the word 'penalty' in there and all). The difference is that a soccer net is about ten bazillion times bigger than a hockey net, and the goalie is not wearing padding that blocks 70% of the net. In soccer, if you don't score, you need to go home and seriously consider a career move.

And only one goalie gets the glory, alright, it's about to kick off, pun semi-intended, I don't really have time to think/check this post over.

*Update*
YEAH!!! THE YELLOW TEAM WON! <--- Shows how much I really care.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 5:32 PM .