Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Because I Love Hockey  

The season has come to a close. I'm gonna go all ESP on everybody and start calling out winners. Those of you that don't care much for hockey or about throwing your life away by buying Proline tickets (you don't need more than you have, everything you could possible need already comes from above...SON), feel free to skip this post right over.

I must warn you though, I like to usually call it like it is, stay mostly neutral. Oh no that doesn't sound right at all. Let me try again. The following predictions are as biased as one can get.

Why am I giving more reasons for people to skip over this post? I don't know. I'm high on the drug I got from a bottle labelled "I'M DONE SCHOOL FOR 16 MONTHS AS OF TOMORROW". Let's at it shall we?

Hart Trophy - Player most valuable to their team - Joe Thornton
Vezina Trophy - Best Goalie - Mikka Kiprusoff
Norris Trophy - Best Defenseman - Nick Lidstrom
Calder Trophy - Rookie of the Year - Alex the Great Ovechkin
Jack Adams Trophy - I Dont Care
Comeback Player Of The Year - they don't get a trophy, but Teemu Selanne. Where was this two years ago Teemu? Finish Flash? I hope you finish last.
Alexander Daigle Trophy a.k.a. The I can't believe I took this guy in the first round of my fantasy pool trophy.* - MARTIN ST.LOUIS. I HATE YOU MARTIN.

Stanley Cup - with 1/16 odds**, I feel good taking Colorado. I always feel good taking Colorado.

*Yeah, I found this somewhere else, and since a couple of my pools got screwed over I just had to point this guy out.
**It's probably more like 1/1000472378 the way Detroit is playing. It's just ridiculous.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 11:59 PM .