Friday, April 28, 2006

Remember When They Told You  

"Don't try to keep all this junk, one day you're gonna grow up and regret spending all your money on these Pokemon cards. You'll see. Oh, sure. Pretending you can't hear me because you are too focused on that Super Nintendo.* Hey, HEY I JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW THAT WHEN YOU WERE BORN, WE WERE HOPING FOR A DAUGHTER.**"

So as I replaced the seemingly endless stream of 'Where's Waldo slash Bearstein Bear' books with University Textbooks on my bookshelves, finding Pogs and Hockey cards being used as bookmarks, I realized that maybe, just maybe, I should've listened to my parents. Hindsight is twenty-twenty. True/False questions are fifty-fifty. And it looks like there is to be a fourty percent chance of FREEZING HAIL RAIN!? for tomorrow.

I digress.

For the first time ever, my room finally looks mature. I wish I could say the same about me, all while staring at the miniature Pokemon characters attached to my keychain. I quickly threw those out.

Then reached back into the garbage bag to save Squirttle.***

*It was a Nintendo 64.
**I pretty much made that whole quote up. Just like Gr.12 English essays. I miss high school. Uh, no I don't.
***I'm sorry Squirt, I will never disown you again. I promise.****
****How do you know a Pokemon doesn't have the ability to read? I mean, some can dig, some can swim, and some can fly. It's only reasonable if we consider that an undiscovered Pokemon has the ability to read.*****
*****Is it too much if I askterisk my askterisks?

posted by Buttug McOysty . 4:55 PM .