Sunday, March 18, 2007

My March Madness Bracket Internally Combusted  

Metaphorically speaking, I construct a suspension bridge over Lake Ontario for an inter-province highway (to nowhere, I don't know my geography, sorry, I'd totally lose to a fifth grader in that stupid television show), and this bridge happens to be the most-used bridge in the entire solar system. People's lives depended on it. People's jobs depended on it. People's academic careers depended on it. People's ability to go to the corner store and grab ice-cream depended on it. People that have nothing better to do than to drive back and forth on the most aawesome highway in the solar system depended on it.

I woke up today from a classic Sunday afternoon nap to a personal Armageddon. The bridge had collapsed. The damage was devastating, and irreparable.

You know that point in cheesy chick flicks where one person says, "I don't want to fall asleep in case I wake up and this has been one big dream", or put similarly but differently, but altogether more succinctly, by Aerosmith, "I don't want to fall asleep cuz I'd miss you"?

They knew what they were talking about.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 10:57 PM .