Friday, March 16, 2007

St. Patrick's Eve  

Now I know full well that there never were snakes in Ireland to begin with.

But some many years ago, an urban legend proclaimed that Saint Patrick declared war on the snakes in Ireland and chased them off his island.

His actual words were, "Get these mother9*$#^@%($ snakes off my this mother(*@&# island".

As such, every year, a group of people mainly comprised of, but not limited to, folks of Irish decent go out and have a merry old time drinking until their faces turn green. It's all very logical in my mind, please stay with me.

In honor of St.Patrick's Day...Eve...I thought the kids at Notre Dame, known more commonly as the "Fighting Irish", would pull out a win for Irish folks everywhere, and McOysty's NCAA March Madness bracket.

Lesson learned. Never count on the Fighting Irish to do anything on the day before and the following three days of St. Patty's Day due to unconfirmed and stereotypical inebriation.

Check the awesome logo though. I wonder if their mascot re-enacted a drunk fighting Irishman. Can somebody You-Tube that if it ever happens? Thanks.




I'd like to take the Read More section to apologize to Irish folks everywhere for perpetuating awful stereotypes.

And please remember, don't drink and drive.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 11:59 PM .