Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Part 1 - The Birth, Plus a Few Years  

77 - Show Us Your B-Side - If you could choose the soundtrack to your life, what would be playing?

- Margaret Mason's, No One Cares What You Had For Lunch - 100 Ideas for Your Blog.


As you may have astutely deduced (or is it induced?) from the title, I only intend to cover a small portion of my long life in this post. A lot has happened. A lot of that can be set to music. And a lot will. Real music too, I might add. I'm going to embed some so that you can play it as you read.

Because, as we all know, no one cares what you had for lunch. But it's always fun to go back and exaggerate (for hilarity purposes) major lifetime moments. Plus, it serves the dual purpose of one day being the book which I will read bedtime stories to my grandchildren from. You know, assuming the Internets is (are?) not obsolete by then.

And this number was chosen by Mike, err, Mike. Although I later edited his comment and put this number in myself because my name is McOysty, and I am aawesome.

Ready steady, Freddy? In the beginning...

...I was born.



Don't get it twisted. As glorious as my birth probably was, I'm no Messiah. The only thing I save is 15% by switching my car insurance to Geico. Cue the crickets.



My jokes don't usually go over well. Technically, this is foreshadowing, I'm getting way ahead of myself. Back then, the only thing I was capable of thinking about was how scared I was of grass. Absolutely terrified.



I know it's a total misuse of this song. But according to some 200% reliable Internet sources, Alanis misused the word ironic. "While some situations that Morissette describes in the song are arguably examples of cosmic irony ... if one discounts cosmic irony, it is arguable that the song is ironic in and of itself - there is a fundamental incongruity in a song titled "Ironic" which ultimately contains no irony." - Wikipedia (aka my 200% reliable Internet source) See how it works? I will now parallel that by misusing this song, because I seriously could not find another song that remotely talked about being scared of grass, other than the cosmic irony that the age I was supposed to be rolling around in grass and dirt I was scared of grass. And by misusing the song, I will actually be paying homage to the artist's initial misuse yet eventual validation.

Feel free to read that confusing paragraph again. I'll play some music while I wait.



Haha you can have your phone and eat it too. Ahem, oh you're back! Okay, let's move on to Part 2 - The Young and The Restless (No Soap).

Tomorrow.

Or whenever I find the time to put a post like this together again. But it gets better, and that's a guarantee you can take to the bank and deposit it and earn lots and lots of interest with.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 11:54 PM .