Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Job Hunt Sessions  

If you ever have the priviledge of attending one of these free dinners, I mean, information sessions, take this checklist in with you and see how many of the underlined phrases show up. Just think of it as a game to keep you awake through the usually not exciting sessions.

*another fun game to play is to count how many times they mention the company name*

"Here at *insert company name*, we require communcation and teamwork skills. As a fast growing company, we need to constantly recruit cream of the crop students.

One of the greatest satisfactions working at *insert company name* is that we balance work and social life. In fact we have our very own social committee that provides you with sports teams, beer nights, skydiving and other exciting adventures. If you want to do something and we don't currently offer it, gather a group of people and we will provide you with the resources to carry it out. And to top it all off, here at *insert company name* foosball tables.

You will most definitely be challenged. Even though you are still technically students, we will treat you as any other full-timer. Of course, you won't be expected to know everything coming in, and you will definitely be given orientation and training. At *insert company name* invest in people.

I have personally loved my time at *insert company name* and would recommend everyone to apply there today! *insert company name*. It is the doorway to an exciting career. Any questions?"


In fact I do have a few questions. Personally I am a very non-self driven person and would like nothing more than to curl up in a corner cubicle far away from most everyone else and use only what I have learned in school and my limited experiences outside of school. I tend to minimize any chances of having to communicate with anyone other than my computer, and yes I do refer to my computer as a person. What would you say my chances are of fitting in with your company?

Second question. Why did you mention your company name so many times? Are you afraid that you would forget which company you were working for?

And one more thing. When did skydiving and foosball become so cool? I sure missed the boat on these two things.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 8:23 PM .