Sunday, November 20, 2005

November  

The month where all the leaves are brown, and the skies are grey. I went for a walk, on a winters day, and I stumbled upon the Kingston Santa Clause Christmas parade.

*rubs eyes and checks the calendar again*

Seems like everyone is gettin an early jump on Christmas. From the aforementioned Christmas parade, to the stores with "Xmas Sale!" signs plastered all over their windows. Who knows, maybe Santa has even jumped the gun and is already on his sleigh here to Kingston to deliver me my two front teeth.

Why celebrate something a month early? By celebrating Christmas early, we have thus neglected holidays that are actually in between now and Christmas because going BACK to celebrate holidays before Christmas would just be a "pity-celebration". So "Bake Cookies Day" (also National Roast Suckling Pig Day) will just be forgotten this year.

*sheds a tear*

Are we attempting to throw Jesus Christ (the real reason we celebrate Christmas thank you all) a "surprise party"? Do you KNOW what omniscient means? Ha, because I know my God has some sense of humor, he'd probably be throwing us a counter-surprise party just to again blow away our catch us off guard and exceeds any expectations we could ever have. That's what he does, takes your expectations, loads them into a cannon, and blows them away.

Alright, so back on track now. What's the reason for throwing an early parade? Don't tell me the weather is too cold in December to throw a parade, because I was out there for 20 minutes yesterday, and I couldn't feel my face after. But in the spirit of ... well I don't know what I was in the spirit of, but what the hey, I was kind enough to overlook the fact that it was mid-November because I was gonna get a friggin parade. And those are always happy fun times.

Until I realized that in Kingston, a parade just meant attaching something to the back of your pickup trucks and driving it down the street at a turtle like pace. Take a look-see:



Can you say Ghetto?

"Kingsto...I mean...Ghetto!"



And that's some random mascot in the parade picking a fight with a random person on the street.

I would put up more pictures, but I should probably save some pictures for the housemate who accompanied me to this parade and whom will probably take a stick and beat this to death on his blog.

He also contributed about four words to this blog. "I better get acknowledgement. Make sure its Mike KWAN, there are many Mike's out there. And link that crap please."

posted by Buttug McOysty . 12:27 AM .