Thursday, January 25, 2007

Hibachi!  

*Preface* For all intents and purposes, Hibachi! could very well be a spam title. No one has to know.

Stupefying Stupidity proudly presents to you, The Setting Sun. I realize this is the second time this month I've plugged a blog separate from my own, excuse my bad manners, my own, but I've meant it both times.

If you wish to have your blog plugged in a high traffic (15 visitors a day on average! Mommy, I'm going places!), high visibility location (here!), please comment with your name, your email address, your blog url, a pledge for five dollars, a pledge for a favor to be called in at a future time of my choosing, a pledge of allegiance to the flag of United States, and a pink ping -pong ball, no questions asked.


---------------------------------------------------------------


I think I've been caught with my hand in the cookie jar. You know, when you're over at an acquaintance's house, and their mother just baked up a fresh batch of delicious, so-good-it-melts-on-your-tongue, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, and while you don't really know her that well, or say you've never really had any conversations with the mother before, you still decide to swipe a cookie while she has her back turned, except that there's a security camera trained on you from that obscure corner behind the refrigerator that allows her to go back and screen capture you red-handed?

While I remain horribly committed to that analogy, my point may have been lost.

I have been caught blog (or Xanga) stalking. Whoever's keeping tally, add another point to my social awkward column please, thanks. Not that it hasn't really happened before and turned out for the better, right tambo001? You now owe me all aforementioned items, and...a soda on the side.

---------------------------------------------------------------


I can't say I didn't see this coming. Along with last year's death of Steve Irwin, the crocodile hunter, I'd have to say these are two of the easier hobbies for me to predict death from participation. I'm not trying to be insensitive, and I'm not making disparaging remarks about either activity (I'd love to hunt for crocodiles, while skydiving...someday, anyone free tomorrow?), but let's not try to act so shocked. What's that saying ... if you play with fire ...

... Smokey the Bear will find you.



---------------------------------------------------------------


The other day, it was announced that the American military, in collaboration with some mad scientists, had successfully developed and tested a new, supposedly non-lethal, weapon. It would work like a ray gun, and would cause the target to think they were on fire. The weapon would be fully deployed in the year 2010.

I don't understand this move at all. Why announce this, a full three years in advance? What, you expect the "enemy" to sit around cowering in fear of the impending doom? It's so similar to the time I heard on the radio something to the extent of, "Our next big military campaign is set to kick off tomorrow in ". WHY ARE YOU GIVING THEM A HEADS UP? Just go in there, or in three years walk in with unexpected ray guns, and get it over with already. Come on, even I know not to reveal one's hand too early, and the only armies I've ever commanded before consisted of Pikachu and his buddies.

---------------------------------------------------------------


Is it true? Can it be? I thought I'd never live to see this! Guess who's back together again! It's the RZA, the GZA, the Ghostface Killah, Ol' Dirty Bastard (he's dead, I'm still not ready to talk about it *sniff*), Inspector Deck, Raekwon the Chef, U-G-O-D. Introducing to you, the...


posted by Buttug McOysty . 11:11 PM .