Thursday, January 04, 2007

You May Not Have Noticed  

Just in case, I'm going to use up a full post to point out the changes made to Stupefying Stupidity, all carried out under the guise of making your viewing experience more fulfilling and convenient, when in actuality, the changes were made because I felt the need to flex my Photoshop/HTML muscles, of which I own about as much as I have real muscle in my body (faint and fading traces).

But first, important business needs to be addressed. While I can see the merits of getting through the nitty (that's not a word?) gritty details of how I finally decided on a classification scheme for my links section, and then ending this post with the big news, in order to ensure that you must read through the entire post or at the very least, click the "read more" button, thus increasing the time you spend on this site which I can track, but not only have I wasted away two good paragraphs, this sentence is quite the run-on, so I'll be nice and hopefully the fantastic revelation will be enough to entice you to continue reading.

I hope you're holding onto something. You may not be ready for what you are about to read.

I have to make you wait for this one.

Snakes on a Plane, the DVD, in stores everywhere! But that's not it...

Any time now...

Stupefying Stupidity, has been crowned the "Best Internet Site of 2006" by the terrific people over at Tambo001.

Re-read that sentence if you have to. Please, try not to look so shocked.

Technically, I share this honor with Facebook, but I choose to overlook this, just like I choose to overlook the fact that it's actually a shinier, slightly distorted, still aawesome, version of me that is Time Magazine's reigning Person of the Year.

It's appreciative people like you the reader, and the tremendous Tambo001, that spur me on to greater, not necessarily more eloquent, but definitely more arrogant, heights when it comes to the persona personified on this blog. And go ahead, click on the link that will take you to her site, because she writes more often and more thoughtfully than I. I'm still double-a aawesome, and I know that like the Terminator, you'll be back.

In fact, I'll wait.

*nondescript humming...of Vanessa Hudgens' 'Come Back To Me'*

There seems to be an overabundance of stalling on this post.

I was ever so tempted to upgrade her link status to professional but I decided against it at the very last minute, for reasons that I will get into in a future post seeing how I probably won't be talking about the tweaks and changes today after-all. Terribly talented Tammy, don't take offense to the non-upgraded link status, I put the full self-promoting propaganda machine behind your blog in this acceptance speech, and it would be a shame if you were to take offense and then we'd have to do the Internet Beef thing, complete with slanderous comments and all.

Although I suspect that it'd attract more attention to both our blogs, so I'd be open to privately discuss the possibility of sparking a fake blog war to generate traffic. Isn't that how rappers sell albums these days?

Tricked you, now go read Tambo001's site.

Posted in posted by Buttug McOysty . 6:12 PM .