Thursday, October 11, 2007

On Point  

I know that when people tell me they enjoy my company, they're lying. And just how do I know this?

Come a little closer.

That's it. Just a little more.

By the way, have you been watching The Office? FYI, it's on tonight.

I hope you're close enough that the computer monitor radiation is warming your heart.

BECAUSE I DON'T OWN A COMPANY YET.

That's honestly the best introduction I could come up with for this post.

A guest speaker graced the presence of my biological computing class this morning. He arrived a full half hour late.

Strike one.

It was entertaining to watch the prof stall for time. She even went as far as threatening to deliver a lecture, which she wasn't prepared for because there was supposed to be a guest speaker, in place of the guest speaker! You know, to make sure we all stuck around.

When the guest speaker finally arrived to give his talk about entrepreneurship, the introductory PowerPoint slide he flashed up was titled, "A infallible 10 points ...".

A. Infallible.

Strike two.

One strike was all he could afford. Unlike this little lady, who probably will not be able to afford anything for the rest of her life. Because with Buttug McOysty, part-time English snob, uhm, Esquire, you only get two strikes.

Major League Baseball has nothing on me.

Anyways.

There's a little something Queen's University is hosting this weekend, I believe it's called homecoming. If you don't see me on this space for a while, you can go ahead and assume that during my absence I'll be flipping cars and lighting them on fire. Because here at Queen's, we don't let friends go to Western, we rebel against the higher education newly inundated in our minds by proving we're still stupefying stupid at heart.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 11:16 AM .