Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Post I Almost Forgot About  

Setting: Previous Thursday afternoon computer ethical, social & legal issues seminar course. It's not as boring as it sounds...

During a presentation on the increasingly inappropriate levels of violence and sex in video games:

"In Grand Theft Auto 3, if you're losing life points, simply get a "hooker" and regain 25 health!"

Me: Boy, the character must've been really lucky to have met a hooker that has a medical degree. What are the chances!
Cool Caucasian Dude (think AE model) Sitting Beside Me: Lolz.
Seminar People: Cut-eye.

The very next afternoon, again in the same class...

We role played, my group acting as the family of a shuriken'd murder victim named "Helga" (I know one of you kiddies took on this pseudonym), I debated whether or not it was appropriate to fake cry for the whole class given the fake circumstances my fake family was in.

Later on in that Friday class, we were divided into groups for next week's presentations...

Cool Caucasian Dude: Hey, same group for the third week in a row!
Me: I'm starting to get sick of you.
Cool Caucasian Dude: Yeah, but it's lucky I'm so good looking. That probably helps.
Me: Uh-huh. We should just trot you out there, have you stand there for three minutes. That's how we'll end our presentation. You're our eye candy.
Cool Caucasian Dude: Does this mean I don't have to do any research?
Me: We definitely need a break from each other after this week.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 2:13 PM .