Saturday, October 06, 2007

Sensory Overload  

You know you're getting old when...

...you've moved your glasses up onto your head, in the position you put sunglasses when they aren't in use, then an hour later, almost poke your eye out thinking that the glasses would be in their normal position, and then correspondingly freak out as if you've lost the glasses.

To be fair, this happened while I was listening to some really good music, and it's unfair to think that my senses are able to multi-task like that. When one of my five senses is being maxed out, I'd like to think the other four compensate by lowering their sensitivity.

So if I ever happen to be eating dinner with you, while a live band plays in the background, while I'm reading the dessert menu in anticipation, whilst I smell the tasty mixture of smells an eatery usually offers, and you ask me to feel the texture of the tablecloth...

...call an ambulance. It'd be too much.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 10:51 AM .