Saturday, June 04, 2005

foreign territories  

a store i passed by today while up in highway 7 fob-town, had this written on their store front: "all foods no msg!". in other words, "our food is completely tasteless, please come in!" ... of course the store was empty. except for the owner, who was seated at one of the two tables available in the store. hey, here's an idea, why dont you CORRECT YOUR GRAMMAR on your store front, and maybe add a lil flavor to your food. unfortunately, i was not in the mood to pass on this valuable business advice to him as i was busily hunting down a store that would give me bubble tea.
(wow now i know i'm gonna have ppl correcting my grammar, and spelling)

i did end up finding a store to give me bubbletea, altho it had its awkward moments. the second i wandered in, i was asked in chinese "lei yiw mut yea ah?", to which i managed to mutter "a small green apple bubbletea please". i think they were caught off guard with my english response, and then started to treat me like an idiot. "green apple or granny apple?". "would you like the bubbles?". "what size?". all normal questions, just it seemed very...condescending at times, racist bubbletea owners. i then proceeded to drop the change given to me on the floor...i could swear i saw that person making my bubbletea stiffle a laugh. jerk. if she ever reads my blog, i just wanted to let her know her bubbletea SUCKS.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 1:23 PM .