Thursday, July 28, 2005

popsicality  

Admist the heat-waves and the burn-a-hole-through-you sunshine, July 28th has turned out to be like an oasis in the desert. with it feeling like 20 degrees outside and only a high of about 26, today was supposed to be a great day.

Except I forgot one thing. And it wasn't my pants, because i'm hear sitting at work wearing pants. Thanks for asking. No matter how good the weather is outside, I still have to deal with the ttc. And leave it to the ttc to screw up a beautiful day.

The SECOND i stepped onto the subway today, I turned into a human popsicle. I even stuck my hand in my pocket (while the other one was giving a high five!) in an attempt to keep warm. Of course it didn't work.

The air conditioner was probably turned to the max + 10 at least. It was louder than the friggin subway travelling through the tunnels. And we all know how noisy a subway is when travelling at high speeds through tight tunnels. Its just physics. Actually I have no clue, I'm just making it up, but the point is, subway loud.

I almost felt like I was in one of those commercials where they set up an artificial wind machine (i believe its called a fan) and blow it in your face. I couldnt even lick the subway pole for fear of getting my tongue stuck to it.

Ew.

The trick is to take your mind off your body temperature when you're freezing/too hot. *Disclaimer: Shamless egotistical pompous statement coming up. I was both this morning. Thanks. So naturally I glanced around at the ads.

I focused in on a "Greyhound Bus" advertisment. They had printed two crosswords. One empty, one with one word filled in. And their catchphrase was "we're faster than you think". Seems clever at first, until you realize that if a person was only able to fill out one word in a crossword whenever they hopped onto a greyhound bus, it wasn't cuz the bus is fast, its because the person is an idiot. So the catchphrase should've been "you're dumber than you know". at which point i felt insulted, and was ready to go bananas. but luckily, thanks to the ttc's wonderful room temperature control, i chilled out.

posted by Buttug McOysty . 9:15 AM .