Monday, August 15, 2005

Practical advice practically free  

This little journal of mine (I'm gonna let it shine) isn't known for its useful tidbits, or even being useful in any way. In fact, if I had a nickle for every time someone came up to me and slapped me in the face because of my blog, well I would have enough nickles to waste my time on something as ridiculous as this:



See what I mean? You just wasted a good minute of your life reading that first paragraph. And wasted another 10 minutes trying to stack your own coins, only to fail miserably.

That's exactly what my blog does. It FRUSTRATES. Not just you, but it hits me too, especially when you lose a whole post because Internet Explorer decides it wants to not respond. Thank you Microsoft for making an inferior "Micro-software" which requires so many fixes, with more than half of the fixes actually fixing the problem the last fix caused. Must...resist...urge...to digress.

So how does this blog frustrate you? Well simply put, I have put forth a post early in the morning, everyday I have worked at Rogers this summer, creating a prescedence that even I cannot deliver on. And when I don't deliver, I get bombarded by emails such as the following:

K - "Where's Ehron?" - 9:59am
A - "Yeah, where is Ehron on this stupendous sparkler of a Monday morning?" - enjoys using big words to feel superior
K - "OMG WEHRE IS EHRON!!!!! AHHHHHH" - panicking because his life revolves around me
A - "Maybe something in his ante meridiem occured" - if you mean to say morning, SAY MORNING....ante meridiem...ha
K - "I've called him like uh" (counting fingers) "7, no 8 times!" - how thoughtful
M - (pulls out a calculator) "that would be five" - stated confidently at a volume equivalent to a rock concert
K - "I see brain surgery has not increased your command of numbers" - them dry beans
M - "Hey, why don't you take this big STFU orange and stuff it in your mouth." - ...
K - *insert burn here
M - *insert counter-burn here
A - *insert plea for everyone to be nice
K AND M - *insert multiple burns on A here with cheapshots at each other mixed in

Okay, so maybe I made the whole thing up, besides the first message which is accounted for in my inbox. You want the truth? You can't handle the truth. That's why I have to make this stuff up.

Sorry couldn't resist the urge to herba...digress. My helpful little advice for all today is to make sure your alarm clock is set back to normal when you go to bed on a Sunday night. Otherwise, you wake up from a nice night of sleep only to realize it was nice because you got an extra HOUR and you are officially late. Congratulations, you win the honor of staying downtown til 5:30 today. And all your friends win the chance to dream about what kind of pit you have fallen into (maybe one with sharp sticks sticking out of the ground pointing upwards...oh please let it be that one)

Amount of time wasted on this post by me: 1hour and 5 minutes. Did I mention how Bill Gates is now on my list of "People I insist on seeing in their graves before I grace my own".

posted by Buttug McOysty . 11:13 AM .